Founded in 1961, the Asheville Tennis Association strives to provide "one voice for ASHEVILLE tennis."
Tennis is played world-wide by thousands regardless of age, gender or race. Whether you're a recreational player or a competitive player, the ATA wants to help you find the right environment to improve your tennis skills. Play tennis now and play it for life!
Whether you're new to tennis or have been playing for years, the Asheville Tennis Association wants to provide a tennis culture where everyone can play. As a 501 c3 non-profit, our mission is to introduce tennis to new players and help enhance tennis skills for life-long players. The ATA provides tennis programs and events for players of all ages and advocates for the construction and/or improvement of public tennis facilities.
As a community outreach program, our goal is to make tennis accessible and affordable to players of all ages and abilities. We are "One Voice for Asheville Tennis."
Our 2017 initiatives include:
- Bringing tennis to Emma Elementary, a high poverty school in Buncombe County.
- Supporting every middle school tennis team, in Asheville & Buncombe County, with instruction, equipment & uniforms.
Our continuing initiatives include:
- Free & low cost clinics to area youth.
- Free weekly clinics for Eliada home youth.
- Affordable adult clinics.
- Free Sunday match play for area juniors.
- Adult tennis socials
- Online tennis ladders.
The ATA relies mainly on the generous support of our donors. Your support promotes tennis to many who otherwise can't afford or wouldn't be exposed to it!